Thursday, April 3, 2008

Follow up to the INKY problem

I couple of days ago I made a post about using Prismacolor markers and which ink was better. I received these comments !!!!

Hi Shanna -I had/have the same problem when I purchased my copics just 2 weeks ago. I asked a few of the "experts" on SCS that use copics to color their images and I was told to use Tim Holtz's Distress inks. I have yet to try it, but found a black soot color that I am going to try for stamping my images. Hope that helps. Christine

And

jamielady said...
Hello!You know, I hate to say it, but Im not all that impressed with the copics. I find them to bleed too and Im not super crazy about how some of the colors are oh I dont know muted? I have Prisma and Pantone Tria markers that I got way back when I started stamping and I really like them. I have heard great things about the stamping up markers but never tried them. However, I can give you all a GREAT tid bit that I discovered.. A special kind of paper I absolutely LOVE to use and I guarantee you will too! It is a beautiful super white. I get it at an art supply store in Seattle and depending where you live you may find it at one. However, here is a link so you can at least check it out http://www.dickblick.com/zz106/01/its called Borden & Riley Paris bleedproof paper for pens.Whew! Sorry for the super lengthy reply but I really wanted to share that with you!! Now Im going back to check out the rest of your blog!Jamie


I just thought I would let you all know, that I have purchased the Tim's Holtz Distress ink in black soot last night and did a very quick test. IT WORKS. There is no bleeding. HINT, be patient, let it completely dry. Don't stamp and then color right away. Yup, this is me being very impatient.


I have never been good at that. hehehe As for the paper, I will look for it locally and see if that works.

Enjoy & TFL

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin