Saturday, February 2, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #32

And Here is my first Post.....I really wanted to do this last weekend, but ran out of time. I hope you enjoy, TFL.
This is the card that I did for Beate's weekend challenge. I just got my order of Peachy Keen stamps in the mail. I wanted to use them, and I couldn't think of a better way to start. ;-)

I started with a 5x5 card base in Soft Sky SU.
Next layer is Fall Flowers DP-SU 4" 3/4 x 4" 3/4.
I stamped the image of the Turtle on Shimmery White with Stazon Jet Black ink. Watercolored the image trying to match the green colors in the layers.

Under the Turtle image I did 2 layers one of Ruby Red 3" 1/8 x 3" 1/8, Old Olive 3" 1/4 x 3" 1/4.

Before I glued the Fall flowers DP down I tried some ribbon, (Michaels Craft Store).

The sentiment is from Garden Whimsey - SU, again on Shimmery White and the layered with Ruby Red, and Old Olive. I ticket corner punched the bottom layer.

I got these awesome buttons from my girlfriend for Christmas and thought the went great with the colors, Basic Grey's Collection of "Mellow" Buttons.

Enjoy
Visit Beate's Blog for this Challenge
http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/01/25/weekend-sketch-challenge-32/
or
Splitcoaststampers for the Gallery of all the other amazing creations
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ then in the search section, enter WSC32.

1 comment:

Charlene Austin said...

I agree! Great minds do think alike. I am sure we are going to have lots of fun with it. Totally missing the tuesday card parties. Once my class is over I should be back. Have fun blogging....it looks wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin